Sep 062010

My name is Marilyn. I am 31 years old and this is my story.

I work for a company in the US. I have been married for 11 years to a wonderful man that has been everything to me these past years. I have two beautiful children; they are 4 and 7 years old.

I have been working in the same company for 6 years and 4 years ago I met this guy, very handsome, a few years younger than me. I was told by one of my co-workers that he was into me. Every year we greeted and I just turned the other way because even thought the guy was very cute I wasn’t the type of woman that was looking for an affair; my relationship with my husband was great.

A few months ago my company sent a random group of people to Europe for a meeting and imagine what? The guy was there. I saw him the morning after we arrived. Two nights after we arrived a group of people decided to get together and go out at night and I went with the group. Everybody was having a good time but it was getting late and some people decided to leave. Eventually there wasn’t anybody left but the guy and me. We were having a few drinks and one thing led to another. We ended up in his room having sex. Oh God! I was so embarrassed the morning after that I couldn’t even look at him. I felt that everybody in the room knew about the affair. Of course I was being paranoid; nobody saw us together getting in the room or me leaving his room. It was all nerves and embarrassment just thinking about the idea of having an affair or my husband knowing about the issue—it made me nauseous. After that we spent one more night together-I just couldn’t resist the guy! And then we left home the other morning I got on that plane with lots of things on my mind and lots of guilt.

We maintained contact for a few months, both very paranoid. We live very far apart; I live in Seattle and he lives in Florida. I don’t know if it was that I was a few years older than him that made me feel that I wanted him more. After this we saw each other one more time in some meeting and of course it happened again. The last night we were together he took his condom off and I didn’t notice until we finished. I thought that there wasn’t going to be any problem.

I came home frustrated and with lots of guilt again. My husband didn’t deserve this; that is why I felt so bad. I took an emergency birth control pill called Plan B because as soon as I came home I started counting and I was ovulating those days I was with him. I read on the Internet that the pill was 89% effective if you take within 72 hours of having unprotected sex; I took it within 40 something hours after having sex. A few days later I went to my gynecologist and she found some kind of infection. She gave me some prescribe antibiotics and send me a few blood tests to be done.

A week later I had to leave for the UK to do some work. One night I called the guy and told him that he needed to be checked for STDs because my doctor prescribed some kind of antibiotics but she never said I had something; maybe it was just for precaution. A few days later he called me and told me he had chlamydia~ I was devastated thinking that my husband at home could have the infection, it made me a wreck!

Two days later I returned home and I was in a drugstore and saw a pregnancy test and thought that it was a good idea to get tested. It was a Saturday, my husband was home. As soon as I got home I went to the bathroom and was waiting for that single line to come when two blue lines in less than 20 seconds came showing that I was pregnant~ I was going to faint! I rushed out of my house to a lab to get a blood test and fifteen minutes after I did it came out positive. Obviously the Plan B pill didn’t work on me; I fell into the statistics. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me! And what I was going to do? My husband had a vasectomy two and a half years ago; there was no way that I could tell him it was his and the other thing was that when it was conceived I was far from home working.

This was terrible. I had to get in touch with a friend that I knew that she had two abortions and that I could trust; she recommended the same doctor that performed hers. I had the abortion 3 weeks ago and my experience was not so bad—yes, there were some pains and discomfort because of the needles for the anesthesia and then the procedure itself but I didn’t have any bleeding or cramps the days after that. I never told the guy that he got me pregnant. Let me tell you that it was the best decision because if I hadn’t go through it I would have made my husband miserable and I could have lost my family.

Share This Post:
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • email
  • RSS
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

Contact Us